Thursday 28 July 2011

1996 Peter Andre: I Feel You

"I feel you" sings Andre. Only he doesn't, and that's his problem. What he can feel is her "running away from my love", and that's not the same thing at all. Because as Andre points out "it's cold when we're apart, and it's playing in my heart", and if only the lucky girl would be "coming home tonight", then Pete is "thinking of the bedroom baby" and "the things that I want to do to you soon as you get home". But whilst the lyrics are straight out of Gary Barlow's manifesto on sexual politics, at least he had the good grace to wrap them up in a tune of substance; 'I Feel You' is a wet lettuce of an R&B ballad, oilier than Pete's hair and just as limp in its sub four minute whine of sexual frustration. But hell, the fact that it makes me nostalgic for Take That is reason enough to damn it to hell in my eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment